For many people entering their 40’s, needs to access healthcare and using healthcare plans increases, regardless of the health of the individual.
Here are 8 tips that can help people in this age bracket stay the healthiest they can for their loved ones and themselves:
- As you get older, you’re likely to be using your health insurance plan more than before, so make sure it’s the best one for you.
- Shop around for your prescriptions and tests, too.
- If money is tight and you’re looking at some considerable medical expenses, talk to your doctor (or dentist) about it.
- Set up a health savings account and/or flexible savings account.
- Think about long-term-care health insurance.
- Make the most of wellness programs available at your workplace.
- Learn what to expect under The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Stay as healthy as possible.
If you have any questions concerning long-term-care benefits, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or state sponsored insurance programs, please give Pueblo StepUp a call at 719-557-5886. Our eligibility specialists and family health coordinators would be happy to answer your questions.
For a more detailed explanation of these tips, please see the article “8 Tips to Help 40-Somethings Manage Their Health Care Costs”
Source: Daily Finance