Mental health services are a covered benefit of Colorado Medicaid.
If you have Medicaid, you can access mental health services through our area’s Behavioral Health Organization (BHO). For Pueblo County, it is Colorado Health Partnerships. Their number is 1-800-804-5008.
To receive services, you must have a behavioral health diagnosis that is covered by the program. Here’s a list of a few of the possible services you could receive, based on your diagnosis:
- Case management services
- Emergency services
- Individual and group therapy
- Inpatient hospital psychiatric care
- Medication management
- Outpatient hospital psychiatric services
- Prevention/early intervention activities
- Psychiatrist services
- Residential services
- Respite services
- School-based and day treatment services for children/youth
- Social detoxification services
- Vocational services
If you have any questions about how to use this benefit, please contact a Family Health Coordinator at 719-557-5886.