Pueblo StepUp is proud to have staff participating in the Movember 13 campaign! The Pueblo StepUp guys will be growing out their facial hair to raise awareness for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health. Sponsors will donate $1Â a day (or whatever amount they wish to donate) to the staff that is growing their facial hair. All proceeds will be donated to the Pueblo Movember chapter. Â Awareness for these issues and access to care is increasingly important not only for men in America but world wide. According to the Movember website, the reasons for the poor state of men’s health include:
- Lack of awareness and understanding about the health issues men face
- Men not openly discussing their health and how theyâ€™re feeling
- Reluctance to take action when men donâ€™t feel physically or mentally well
- Men engaging in risky activities that threaten their health
- Stigmas surrounding both physical and mental health
Â If you are interested in helping Pueblo StepUp raise funds for Movember, please contact Simon Tearpak at 719-557-3881 for more information. Also, be sure to check out the Movember website at us.movember.com. Posted below are the staff on the shave off day for the campaign! We will be updating their progress throughout the month.
The Pueblo StepUp Team